Monday, January 03, 2011
My dad's loud and distinctive snoring sound penetrates through my bedroom door the minute he went to bed. It wouldn't be a wise idea to sleep after him, i've always thought. But somehow, it brings serenity to my sleepless nights.
I was being taken to another chinese doctor in Richmond this afternoon, who claimed to specialise in dermatology. "Well, let's give it another try," I comforted myself. After 8 years of suffering, i doubt any doctor is capable enough to minimise my anguish, let alone cure.
My skin was giving me a hard time again this morning, hence i wasn't in a good mood. I wasn't smiling throughout my trip to the city for lunch and to the clinic.
I came to realised that i've lost my cheerful self and the glimpse of hope that i've always been carrying to keep me moving. The memory of my last consultation with a chinese doctor was still vivid in my mind. I was smiling all the way when i told him that his medicine wasn't doing its job.
I think i've reached my limit.
This vietnamese doctor seemed very proffessional and confident with himself and those medicine that he's prescribed. He told me and my parents that we'll be able to see an effect after 3 days of consumption, but to cure, it needs at least 6 months.
I was stunned, then i let out a little laugh.
It's not that i lacked confidence in him, it's just unbelievable, and somewhat impossible.
If it's such an easy task, why on Earth have i been tormented by it?!?!
Nevertheless, the extinguished hope in me starts to grow yet again.
Thank God for everything.
I know you've always been there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment